In class, we talk about the importance of dark, leafy greens in an expecting momma's diet. Here's a delicious way to sneak some of those in!
These muffins have so many ingredients to feel good about: a banana, honey instead of loads of refined sugar, whole wheat flour, and a WHOLE BAG of spinach. And you guys, this recipe was also approved by our two toddlers!
I am a spinach eater, but I'll admit I was not sure about using spinach in baked goods. Turns out the spinach makes these muffins anything but dry - instead, spongey, cakey deliciousness!
Sneaky Green Muffins
2 C Flour, whole wheat
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Honey
6 oz Spinach
1/2 C Butter, unsalted, melted
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with 18 paper liners.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine all wet ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the puree into the dry ingredient bowl and gently fold until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
5. Spoon batter into the muffin pan and bake for 18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are firm to the touch, but are not browning.
6. Smile while you eat these deliciously sneaky muffins!